Here are things to put in mind before leaving your dog at home for your trip.
1. Board your dog with your local veterinarian
Many veterinarians offer boarding services for cats and dogs. This is a great option if your dog needs regular medical attention or careful monitoring. Otherwise, there is no reason that your healthy dog should be kenneled with animals that are sick, injured, or in distress. Alternatively, board your dog at a kennel. Kennels were once the only option available to folks who wanted to travel without their pets. Are you picturing a row of tiny cages, all full of miserable, barking dogs? While this scenario hasn’t entirely disappeared, the modern dog kennel has been totally re-branded. Now you can bring your dog to a clean, spacious kennel in just about every good-sized town. You can also board your dog at a rustic retreat, doggy spa, or upscale resort if you live close to a metropolitan area. Kennel offerings are available for every type of dog at every price point. Standard kennels will still make use of individual cages or rooms for your dog, but well-socialized dogs will normally be allowed out for playtime, and most kennels provide plenty of exercise for the pups who stay with them.
2. Make a personalized instruction sheet for your dog
Try to think of every possible scenario for your individual dog’s needs so your caregiver knows what to expect and what to do in certain situations. Some things to include in the instruction sheet are:
- Amounts of food and what time of day to feed the dog(s)
- When to wash food and water bowls
- Which bowls need fresh water (daily)
- Types of treats and how many to give per day
- How many times to let them outside to go potty and should they be on leash or can they be off leash
- Should they go on walks and if so, should they use a harness
- Vet information and phone number, including emergency vet services
- Family or other back up caregivers names and phone numbers in case of an emergency where the hired caregiver can’t complete care for your dog
- Your cell phone numbers and the name and numbers for where you will be staying on vacation
- Where in the house your dog is allowed to go
- Include any medications the dog needs to take
- Include any allergies the caregiver needs to know about
3. Leave your dog home with a dog sitter
If there is someone that you trust to stay in your home, this is a great choice for your dogs (and cats too). Your dog’s routine will change very little, and they will likely receive top notch care. Having someone in your home while you’re away will also minimize security risks. Friends and family members make great house and pet sitters, but you can also hire a professional. Another great option is bringing your dog to a pet sitter, for care in their home. This allows your dog to experience the comfort of routine in a home environment, and this option is also less expensive than paying someone to stay in your home. Once your dog establishes a relationship with your trusted sitter, they may actually look forward to their own “vacation” away from home. Leaving your dog with a friend, family member, or professional pet-sitter is a great choice for well-behaved, well-socialized dogs. If your dog has behavioral issues or doesn’t get along with dogs, cats, people, etc., this might not be the best option.
4. Ensure there is enough food for your pet to eat (& treats too)
Ensure you have enough food and treats available for the length of your absence so the caregiver doesn’t have to run to the store to get more. Of course they could do this, but why make it harder on them than you have to? This will make it a much more smooth caregiving experience for your caregiver which is important so they will be willing to care for your dog again in the future.
5. Decide if your dog should go on walks in your absence
First, decide if you want your in-home caregiver to take your dog on walks. Know your dog and know what will work for your dog. We have had four dogs throughout the years and they have all been very different in their temperaments. Some of them could handle walks given by another person, some of them couldn’t.
Stay in Two Hotels and Save Big
Nightly.travel empowers travelers to combine two hotels in a single trip in order to save money, enjoy upgrades, and experience more. By switching hotels once during their trip, travelers can save as much as 70% vs staying in a single hotel while experiencing more of the cities they visit, getting more from their travels.
Explore Tours Around the World
Sputnik8.com is a platform for exploring and booking tours and master classes all around the world. We offer more than 5000 tours in more than 100 cities: Prague, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, London, Moscow, Kiev, Pattaya, Phuket and many others.
We are building a professional guide community: we personally interview each and every guide and check every tour. We care about travelers: we have a support desk and recommendation system integrated to our website.
You can find the most unusual tourist trails, the most interesting people – both professionals and city’s lovers – and the most unexpected topics on our website. We believe that the city is much more than just a historical city center, well-known city facts and the toneless voice of a guide.
Get Transfers Worldwide
– The largest transfers base! We have something that our competitors don’t!
– Coverage: transfers in 135 countries, 20 000 cities
– 6 000 000 routes to hotels, villas, apartments from 4 500 Airports / Railway stations / Ports – we guarantee providing almost any transfer to any hotel.
– 165 types of vehicles: from economy shuttle buses to LUX cars, limousines and boats.
– Specific car models, bonuses and specials for our customers.
– Handy and fast transfer search: search by hotel name or by address.
– The price you see is a final price. No hidden fees applied.
Get a Flight Compensation
Compensair is a service that helps to get up to EUR 600 compensation for disrupted flight (delay, cancellation or overbooking). We work under EU and Turkish legislation.
It takes less than 2 min to check flight, calculate potential compensation and submit the application. We take care of all the paperwork We will prepare all the necessary documents, submit the claim with the airline and take care of all the further communication with the airline to settle a case.
Find a Cruise
HopaYacht offers an incomparably easy way to book and organize boutique cruises. HopaYacht.com is an international, unique, and dedicated boutique-cruises-site that includes: full vessels and private cabins charters in small and medium-sized vessels, in a wide range of destinations, accompanied by a professional crew and from a big range of prices.
Our big database gives agents and customers the ability to find and order from a large vessels types (traditional boats, yachts, sailboats and more) and sizes online. We offer you a unique product – an online booking platform for boutique cruises, a new sector in the travel industry.
HopaYacht offers a big variety of boutique sailing vacations accompanied by different activities, that the customers can engage in while cruising, and themed cruises: such as expeditions, diving, yoga, SUP, bicycle, hiking etc.
Furthermore, HopaYacht offers all kinds of business events and romantic vacations on boutique cruises. Interesting for bigger groups would be the possibility to sail in a naval flotilla and enjoy a 5-star-service.
Why should you partner with HopaYacht?
With over 6500 cruises (numbers continuously growing), HopaYacht’s database gives agents and customers the ability to find and order from a large variety and sizes of different vessels over the internet, all around the globe
Get a Universal Sim Card
Drimsim is the first universal SIM card and free app for travelers. Drimsim is a real SIM card.
It’s plastic and with a chip, like any other. You can insert it into your phone, tablet or router. The difference is that it is not tied to an operator. As your plane lands in a new country,
Drimsim is immediately ready for work.
Drimsim operates in 229 countries, provides stable communication, a fast Internet and prices almost like local operators.
You can call your friends, and they can call you. You can chat, post photos, make routes and not be afraid that you will spend all your money on roaming.
We negotiate directly with the operators. Therefore, Drimsim is cheaper than roaming and SIM cards from other providers.
We have an app to help you keep track of your expenses. The balance can be refilled manually or by autopayment. Money is written off in seconds and megabytes, but not for packages or subscriber.
● A universal SIM card for all foreign countries;
● No need to set up roaming or buy a local SIM card;
● Free app to check rates and usage down to seconds and kilobytes;
● No limit on traffic and calls;
● No subscription fees or hidden fees;
● Communication prices are comparable to the offers of local operators;
● Fast delivery of the SIM card (1-2 days).